Welcome to "A Lacrosse Weekend" my weekly compilation of thoughts, ideas, stories, myths, truths, about the great game of lacrosse. I hope you enjoy it!
If you are a men's or women's lacrosse player, coach, or parent, I think you will love the weekly content, videos, and analysis.
Happy Holidays from JM3 Sports. If you are still looking for a perfect gift be sure to check out the JM3 Sports Store! We have streaming content subscriptions that will help take your game to the next level.
Head on over to www.jm3sports.com/store
Top 10 Skills JM3 Athletes Need To Master:
As a JM3 Athlete, you will learn an inordinate number of cutting edge skills and concepts and I know it can be overwhelming. Over time you will learn all of these skills, but below are the Top 10 Skills I want all of our JM3 Athletes to have!
Top 10 Skills you Need to Master:
Below is a video example of each of these skills!
1. Punch Move: This move is off the charts! It's the best way I've ever seen to get a BIG step on a defender. Find more info in the Double Threat skill section!
2a. Reach Finish: Your stick has eyes that can see what the eyes in your head cannot. Find more in the Finishing section!
2b. Twister Finish: opens up near side angle and changes the swing angle of a shot i a very deceptive manner. Find out more on this in the Finishing section!
3a. Dead Shoulder: I learned this from Ryder Garnsey, this one foot hesitation / rocker is one of the most powerful and important moves any player can learn. Find more on this in the End of the Dodge and Hesitations sections!
3b. Spin Hook: any time you're gonna spin, use your spin hook! Especially to their bottom hand! Find more on this in the Post up and Change of Direction secitons!
4. Multiple Hitch: When box players make it look easy, this is what they're doing! Find more on this in the Wind up section!
5a. Hard Pump: When you get top side into space, this move is epic! Find more on this in the Faking section.
5b. Backhand Pump: This should be an automatic move when you go underneath. Find more on this in the Faking section.
Coach Damon over at Lax Goalie Rat is putting on another amazing Goalie Summit. Head on over to VirtualGoalieSummit.com and grab a free stream pass. There is also some premium VIP passes you should really consider for learning from the best goalies in the world.
6. Quick Hitch: It is counter intuitive to hesitate after you have made a move and gotten a step, but it's critical to not allow your defender to time up your shot or feed. Further, it will impact the timing of sliders.
7. BTB Feeds: this skill is low hanging fruit for increasing production as well as creating a wow factor. To me this skill is a fundamental.
8. The Low High Wind up: This Time and Room shooting technique is the way 85% of Canadian and Native Box Players shoot. You will see a slow smooth lift as well as a hard pump and lift, but in both cases the idea is to start your wind up low, lift high, which lifts the goalie up allowing you to pull the ball near side low with a TeeterTotter or push it far side high with a Leaner. In addition, this Wind up naturally creates a Front Foot Hesitation which throws off the goalies timing as to when to move. Watch the goalie in this video as much as you watch the shooters! You will see them handcuffed on the low shots, and twitching/guessing on the high shots!
9. Dodge, Bounce, Re-dodge: Every player needs to have this combination of moves in their repertoire. First, a good defense isn't just going to give you a speed dodge to the net. Second, this takes advantage of the efficiencies of low wing dodging. Third, anytime you can manufacture a defensive approach in the middle of a dodge, it is a big time advantage.
10a. Hang up 2man, The Switch : Don't run into a switch! Engage your man and the switch, get two on you, two on the picker, or attack the open side when picker exits on a roll to the net. Watch the entire webinar on Hang up 2man in the 2man game section!
Listen to more of the Phi-Lacrosse-ophy Podcast with Jamie Munro >>> www.PHILACROSSEOPHY.com <<<
More switch scenarios and Hang up 2man from box lacrosse!
10b. Hang up 2man, Defense goes under :If the Defense goes under, set the pick closer to the net and shoot!
10c. Hang up 2man, Invite them over: Don't run a defender into a pick, invite them over the top and put them in a permanent trail position!
Get prepared for your 2023 season by subscribing to the JM3 Coaches Training Program. This program is ideal for coaches at any level but also for players. If you are a coach or player looking to learn the systems and skills other coaches and players are using to see next level advances the Coaches Training Program is the place. Invest in yourself and invest in your team.
Go to JM3Coaches.com and see all the membership levels available. There is a membership for everyone. To your success.