We have a special treat this week! A guest blog from my friend, mentor, and former coach Dom Starsia.
As I have mentioned in the past few weeks, I am in the middle of an epic lacrosse tour. So far we have visited Northwestern, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Cleveland State and today we’re off to Penn State for their Army scrimmage. We have shot a ton of video documenting this amazing trip, but for now if you want to read about our Odyssey, Drew Wardlow of FCA Lacrosse who has been traveling with us, is writing a daily blog of all the stories and occurrences for Inside Lacrosse. Check it out! JM3 Roadtrip: Day 4 at Ohio State
“Where’s My Ring?” by Dom Starsia
Having been fortunate to be part of some Championship teams, there is always a little bit of a question afterwards about who will receive a championship ring. I am sure that most coaches who find themselves faced with that fortuitous dilemma...
Welcome to "A Lacrosse Weekend" my weekly compilation of thoughts, ideas, stories, myths/truths, about the great game of lacrosse. I hope you enjoy it!
Last June I decided to start a podcast based on "Lacrosse Philosophy" which is basically another way of saying, I decided to record the conversations I was having anyway! It's my favorite time of the week! My goal with these podcasts was to try and get into the minds of some of the biggest names in the sport and ask questions that would shed light, answer questions, and educate three distinct groups: parents, players, and coaches.
• Parents: if you listen to these podcasts, you will find out what to do in trying to navigate the murky waters of player development, club lacrosse and recruiting. Every guest gives their opinion on these three topics in one way or another. What's incredibly fascinating is hearing what they do with their own kids!
• Coaches: whether you are coaching...
Welcome to "A Lacrosse Weekend, my weekly compilation of thoughts, ideas, history, stories, myths/truths about the great game of lacrosse. I hope you enjoy it!
I write to you this morning from the lobby of the Gaylord Hotel in Orlando. I am here for the 3rd of three November lacrosse weekends. In the spirit of Thanksgiving and November lacrosse I give thanks to
• Spending a weekend with my wife and daughter, these times are precious and fleeting
• Sunny and warm weather in Orlando
• Listening to a car full of girls going crazy to Mo Bamba
• Watching the girls compete and make plays together
• A great group of parents
• Coaches that are cool, smart, and do the best for their players
• Immaculate fields
I had a great "catch up" and podcast with Army Head Coach Joe Alberici that I think you all will enjoy. Joe is a man you would want your kids playing for - he has his priorities in...