Welcome to "A Lacrosse Weekend" my weekly compilation of thoughts, ideas, stories, myths/truths, about the great game of lacrosse. I hope you enjoy it!
Last June I decided to start a podcast based on "Lacrosse Philosophy" which is basically another way of saying, I decided to record the conversations I was having anyway! It's my favorite time of the week! My goal with these podcasts was to try and get into the minds of some of the biggest names in the sport and ask questions that would shed light, answer questions, and educate three distinct groups: parents, players, and coaches.
• Parents: if you listen to these podcasts, you will find out what to do in trying to navigate the murky waters of player development, club lacrosse and recruiting. Every guest gives their opinion on these three topics in one way or another. What's incredibly fascinating is hearing what they do with their own kids!
• Coaches: whether you are coaching...
Welcome to "A Lacrosse Weekend, my weekly compilation of thoughts, ideas, history, stories, myths/truths about the great game of lacrosse. I hope you enjoy it!
I write to you this morning from the lobby of the Gaylord Hotel in Orlando. I am here for the 3rd of three November lacrosse weekends. In the spirit of Thanksgiving and November lacrosse I give thanks to
• Spending a weekend with my wife and daughter, these times are precious and fleeting
• Sunny and warm weather in Orlando
• Listening to a car full of girls going crazy to Mo Bamba
• Watching the girls compete and make plays together
• A great group of parents
• Coaches that are cool, smart, and do the best for their players
• Immaculate fields
I had a great "catch up" and podcast with Army Head Coach Joe Alberici that I think you all will enjoy. Joe is a man you would want your kids playing for - he has his priorities in...
Welcome to A Lacrosse Weekend, my weekly compilation of thoughts, ideas, history, stories, myths/truths about the great game of lacrosse. I hope you find it enjoyable.
Ducks in the Rockies
The Munro family is pumped to have our daughter and the Oregon Women's Lacrosse team scrimmaging at the University of Colorado. It's very rare that we get to drive an hour to watch our kids play rather than a cross country flight where we have to make a weekend out of it. Should be a beautiful day and a lot of fun to watch some fall lax! And I can come home and enjoy the same day on a mountain bike this afternoon!
Andy Shay Podcast
Last week my Phi-Lacrosse-ophy Podcast with Andy Shay dropped and it's worth the listen. Andy Shay is one of the best guys you could know. He's humble, smart, hard working, loves to joke around, and loves to talk lacrosse. Andy has had amazing success at Yale, but it wasn't always so easy. It took a solid five years to turn the program around...